The Orangeville Americans Junior "A" Tier II program has been designed around the development and exposure of young American hockey players between the ages of 15-21 here in Canada. The players we develop have the aspirations of playing at the upper level whether it be NCAA, Major Junior or professional. The Americans offer a program unlike any Junior program in Ontario. With the amount of ice-time our program offers along with excellent coaching and a disciplined organization, The Americans is the perfect fit for any developing hockey player looking for exposure.
Playing Junior hockey in Canada is a privilege and an excellent opportunity to really get educated and improve at the game of hockey. This program far exceeds any training program in terms of development and dedication to the game. The coaching staff is dedicated and focused on creating a program where players can feel they have benefitted from playing with our hockey team. Below is an example of some of the benefits our program has to offer:
1. 8 On-Ice Practices a Week - Team Development Practices - Individual Skill Development Practices
2. 42 Game Competitive Schedule - Transportation by luxury coach bus - Post-game food provided - Team tape, laces etc.
3. GMHL Showcase Tournament - Scouts from NCAA, Major Junior and NHL will be in attendance - Minimum 4 games to be able to showcase to scouts - Hotel, food and transportation for entire tournament
4. Off-Ice Training - Gym membership - Video analysis of team play and individual play to educate and improve development - Plyometrics and monitored off-ice training to improve agility, explosiveness, power and strength
5. Orangeville Americans Official On and Off Ice Gear - Game and practice jersey’s, socks - Orangeville Americans track suit - Orangeville Americans hockey bag
6. Full Time Coaching Staff
7. Teacher/Tutor - Provided to continue the education and instruction of our young men attending high school or studying college courses.
8. 2 Weeks of Intense Pre-Season Training camp - NCAA, Major Junior, European and NHL scouts will be in attendance for 4 showcase games during the training camp - Intense On and Off Ice Training (2 hours of skill development, 1 hour of goalie practice, 1 hour on ice shooting instruction, 1.5 hours of off-ice training, 30 minutes of shooting instruction off-ice)
In addition to all of these offerings, the coaching staff has put together a system that will show the development of these young players. Every 3 weeks these young men will receieve a report card designed to show the individual skill improvement of the player. An example of the report card will have skills such as shot speed, explosive time trial skating drills and lengthy full-ice skill drills. This is a good indicator for the player to see in writing how he has improved.
The Orangeville Americans are excited to begin this season and look forward to speaking with players and parents about their interest in this exclusive program. Please contact Head Coach Tyler Fines for more details at 1-800-905-0270.